Recipe by GreenEyesCO
We've updated the classic spinach dip by adding tangy feta and omitting the artichokes and much of the fat. (Cooking Light)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cover with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Scrape into the bowl of a food processor using a rubber spatula.
- Add the cheeses, sour cream, and garlic, and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into a medium bowl, and stir in the spinach, minced dill, and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES 78(62% from fat); FAT 5.4g (sat 3.4g,mono 1.4g,poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 4.2g; CHOLESTEROL 20mg; CALCIUM 130mg; SODIUM 178mg; FIBER 0.4g; IRON 0.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 3.6g.