Recipe by Tea Girl
This recipe comes from a friend of mine, which I have made a couple of changes to make it easier, the great thing about it is quick and delicious. There are two basic variations of it, one is spicy and the other isn't for those guests that don't like spicy foods. It is great with bread, chips, veggies or even as a cracker spread.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Yummy creamy dip! I made the milder & hot version for a get together with friends. Both versions were well received, however I only tasted the milder one. I served it with pita chips!
Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 200 g feta cheese (drained and crumbled)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is better for this, but other olive oil works in a pinch)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (NOT garlic salt!)
- 2 -4 teaspoons sambal oelek (2 tsp or 1 chile is mild) or 2 birds eye chile, chopped and deseeded (2 tsp or 1 chile is mild)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the spicy version: put feta, cream cheese, oil, garlic powder, Sambal oelek and tomato paste with 100 ml of water in a food processor and combine to smooth.
- For the mild version: put feta, cream cheese, oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil with 100 ml of water in a food processor and combine to smooth.
- Add more water for a thinner dip if you prefer, which is better for chips or veggies. It is better to do this after processing the dip as that some cream cheese types make for different results.