Tea Girl's Note:
This recipe comes from a friend of mine, which I have made a couple of changes to make it easier, the great thing about it is quick and delicious. There are two basic variations of it, one is spicy and the other isn't for those guests that don't like spicy foods. It is great with bread, chips, veggies or even as a cracker spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g feta cheese (drained and crumbled)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is better for this, but other olive oil works in a pinch)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (NOT garlic salt!)
- 2 -4 teaspoons sambal oelek (2 tsp or 1 chile is mild) or 2 birds eye chile, chopped and deseeded (2 tsp or 1 chile is mild)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1For the spicy version: put feta, cream cheese, oil, garlic powder, Sambal oelek and tomato paste with 100 ml of water in a food processor and combine to smooth.
- 2For the mild version: put feta, cream cheese, oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil with 100 ml of water in a food processor and combine to smooth.
- 3Add more water for a thinner dip if you prefer, which is better for chips or veggies. It is better to do this after processing the dip as that some cream cheese types make for different results.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Feta Dip (Some Like It Hot, Others Not!)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: