Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cucumbers in sour cream. A wonderful summer side dish, cool and refreshing.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- salt and pepper
- Peel cucumbers and slice in half lengthwise.
- With a small spoon, scrape out seeds and slice cucumbers about 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a storage bowl with a lid, combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, chives and salt and pepper.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add cucumbers, replace lid, and shake bowl to mix.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 15 minutes.
- Serve cold.
So easy, and very yummy for the summer! The chives give it a great zing! It's a keeper.
these were good. I liked the chives in this dish.
Made this for Easter as a cool side dish/salad option. Came out reallly sweet to our taste, but we dumped more sour cream, pepper, n salt until we could stand it. I think next time we'll try plain yogurt n see what happens... Thanks for something different! -Christina