- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/4 thick rings
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cucumbers in a non-metallic bowl.
- Mix together the vinegar, water and sugar.
- Pour over cucumbers, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Drain cucumbers and mix in the green onions and yogurt (or sour cream or mayonnaise). You can also add some sliced sweet onions (i.e., Vidalia) to the cucumbers when you marinate them.
- This recipe is on the tart side.