1 hr 20 mins
Nicole Brummett's Note:
Don't let the name throw you off, this is a great appetizer spread. This recipe is from a customer who brings one every year for our holiday open house. Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (about 25 crackers, Ritz or Club)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- seafood seasoning (optional)
- assorted cracker
- bagel chips
- toasted bread
- 1In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter.
- 2Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 3Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 4Cool on a wire rack.
- 5Reduce heat to 325°.
- 6In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth.
- 7Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- 8Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and pepper; beat just until blended.
- 9Fold in crab.
- 10Pour over crust.
- 11Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 12Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 13Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- 14Cool 1 hour longer.
- 15Spread remaining sour cream over top.
- 16Refrigerate overnight.
- 17Remove sides of pan.
- 18Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes before serving.
- 19Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired.
- 20Serve with assorted crackers, etc.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Crab Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (884 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: