Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Don't let the name throw you off, this is a great appetizer spread. This recipe is from a customer who brings one every year for our holiday open house. Delicious.
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (about 25 crackers, Ritz or Club)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- seafood seasoning (optional)
- assorted cracker
- bagel chips
- toasted bread
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and pepper; beat just until blended.
- Fold in crab.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Cool 1 hour longer.
- Spread remaining sour cream over top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired.
- Serve with assorted crackers, etc.
Seriously delicious dish! I didn't have time to let it sit overnight before the party I had made it for started, but it was wonderful after just a few hours in the fridge. I had to explain to everyone it wasn't a dessert at first but after that it vanished. Will definitely make again!
I found this recipe in Taste of Home. It is an unexpected appetizer that is very good.
I made this for a party and at first everybody was a little reluctant to try it but before the night was over I had to sneak a piece of it into my fridge so I knew I would have some for the next day. Great and easy recipe Thanks for posting.