Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty soup originally hails from a 1977 cookbook called "Amish Cooking".
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamed corn
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine corn, milk, salt, pepper and sugar in a saucepan and simmer together a few minutes.
- Pour the well beaten eggs into the mixture, but do not stir.
- Heat the mixture until the eggs are cooked, then stir to combine.
- Stir in the butter and serve.