Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish can be made with a variety of flavored cheeses. Southern Living, Dec/99. I didn't allow time for baking the potatoes.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon prepared white horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (pinch or two) (optional)
- Cut a 1" wide strip from the top of each baked potato.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Mash pulp.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat; add shallot and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir together pulp, shallot mixtures, 1 tablespoon chives, and next 4 or 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into shells, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of chives.