1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken With Biscuits
6 hrs 25 mins
A simply and delicious crock-pot recipe from REAL SIMPLE magazine (March 2011).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb carrot, cut into 1-inch lenghts
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- 2Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 3Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5-10 minutes more.
- 4To serve, place the bottom halves of a biscuit in a shallow bowl, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken With Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 817.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g