Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Rinse the rice under running water. In a 5-½ quart slow cooker, place uncooked rice, chicken breast, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, chicken broth, water, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Remove chicken from pot during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Allow to cool.
- slightly then shred with two forks.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and continue cooking vegetables through. Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for one minute. Whisk the mixture slowly while adding the milk, whisking to remove all lumps and until sauce has thickened and become creamy.
- Add the bechemel sauce to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Let sit 5 minutes, soup will thicken as it stands.