Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This very rich, flavorful soup is my time saving rendition of a soup I had while passing through Amish country in Lexington, Pennsylvania.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 cubed chicken breasts
- 4 cubed potatoes
- 2 stalk sliced celery
- 1 package Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 package frozen peas and carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 can chicken broth
- 1 package garlic and herb rice mix
- 473.18 ml cream or 473.18 ml half-and-half
- Saute chicken, potatoes, and celery until potatoes become translucent.
- Sprinkle soup mix and toss until everything is coated.
- Add frozen vegetables, mushroom soup, broth and rice mix, including seasoning packet.
- Simmer over medium low heat until rice is tender.
- Add cream or half and half and heat through.
- Do not allow to boil.
I made this soup on a chilly night and it was delicious!! It was creamy and full of veggies and the flavor was perfect. The kids even ate it peas and all! I will definitely be making this again.
Wonderful flavorful soup. Very rich and makes a huge pot. We will be having this several night. I looked at 3 stores for Lipton soup mix and had to settle for Colonial Kitchen Vegetable soup mix from Albertsons and Rice-A-Roni Herb and Butter rice mix, which did not seem to matter. It was wonderful.
I made this for PAC fall 2007 and I'm so glad I did ! This was a great soup/chowder with a lot of flavors going on. I also liked the addition of potatoes. Only change I would make for our family is to not use frozen veg, but fresh. Thanks Abi for a keeper !