1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup With Apples
This is a wonderful and easy soup to make with a unique flavor of apples. Once you have everything prepped and ready, it comes together in a snap! Note: Calvados is a dry apple brandy made in the Normandy region of France.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, including 1 inch of green cleaned and finely diced
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons calvados (apple brandy)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 cups chicken broth (stock)
- 1 cup apple juice (or cider)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup chives (for garnish)
- 1Heat butter in a saucepan. Add leeks and Granny Smith apple, cover and simmer until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the Calvados and reduce until almost evaporated. Stir in the cider vinegar, broth, apple cider and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the chicken and egg noodles to the broth, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the heavy cream, Gruyere and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 946.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 20.1 g