Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted (one more can won't hurt)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 -4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- cooked egg noodles (use as much as desired)
- grated parmesan cheese or grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic, cayenne and poultry seaasoning, celery and carrots; cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the cooked egg noodles and cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add in cooked egg noodles and heat through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan or cheddar cheese.
Join The Conversation
We really enjoyed this for dinner last night with some garlic bread. Pay attention to the reviews that say this makes a TON! I loved the kick of heat at the back of this, but I did double the cayenne to a 1/4 teaspoon. I had no celery, so I added an extra can of cream of celery soup in addition to the chicken. I had to adjust the seasoning quite a bit after adding the egg noodles, as it seemed a bit bland, but I did add a whole 12 oz package of cooked noodles, so this was more stewish. I forgot to put cheese on top, but didn't miss it one bit. My picky hubby suggested this would be a really good lobster soup, and I agree. Thanks for a great recipe.