Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ok, I know that this recipe uses Cajun seasonings, not fajita seasonings, but I'm sure you could substitute if you want - I find them very similar anyway. This recipe was inspired by the very popular Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Every time I made it, I tweaked it more and more until it really is a different recipe now. I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips or 2 lbs boneless chicken breast tenders
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning or 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Put water on to boil to cook your pasta, cook pasta while you are making the sauce.
- Combine Cajun seasoning and flour in plastic bag and shake to combine.
- Add chicken to bag (I buy the Perdu frozen chicken tenders for this) and shake to coat them. You may have to do several batches, and you'll want to set them aside on a plate.
- In a large skillet over medium heat,add the butter and peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute until slightly soft - roughly 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and saute for additional 5-7 minutes or unitl not pink anymore.
- Reduce heat a little and add green onion, half and half, tomatoes, salt, basil, black pepper, and heat through.
- When the cream just starts to bubble, add the parmesan cheese and combine completely. Stir until thickened and pour over cooked and drained spaghetti/linguini.