Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces or 3 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, etc.) or 2 cups your favorite cheddar cheese, mix (Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, etc.)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 bit butter
- Sauté onion in small amount of butter.
- When transparent, add chicken pieces and can of green chilies.
- Mix well and add cream cheese.
- Cook over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- Put mixture in a 13 x 9 baking pan, top with 1 cup of grated cheese Pour the whipping cream over the top and then put the last cup of grated cheese over that.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or so, checking to make sure the cheese gets bubbly, not burnt.
I made this recipe using low carb tortillas to wrap the onion chicken and chiles. It turned out awsome! I will use it again.
My whole family loves this dish! I cook it often and double the recipe so that we can have leftovers, otherwise my family of 5 would eat it all at one sitting! Family fav!!
Absolutely delicious! The cream could probably be left out if you have trouble with runny-ness. It turned out perfectly for us -- I did add another can of green chiles, though.