- Ready In:
- 1 cup almond flour (OR 1/2 c almond flour & 1/2 c hazelnut flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 teaspoon honey, substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 Combine the almond meal and baking powder.
- Add the cream, water, sweetener, and eggs, stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter, stir to combine.
- Spray Pam into the muffin tin.
- Divide the batter amongst 5-6 muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly browned and the tops are firm to the touch.
- Really good with butter& sugar-free, low carb jam or honey.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe would be 5 stars regardless, but it wins bonus points because it gave me a way to use the Birch Benders keto pancake mix. AFAIC, that mix makes horrible (gritty) pancakes despite the flavor being all right. I tried a lemon blueberry loaf from the BB site but had to throw it out. This, otoh, was perfect. I followed the recipe subbing one cup of BB for the almond flour. As I had an open carton of Maple Hill Organic 0 carb whole milk, I used that in place.of the cream/water. No sweetener. The texture is cornbread perfect. The taste is pleasant although not cornbread assuming I even remember what cornbread tastes like. I made some croutons for soup which DH loved. After I use up the BB, I'll continue to make this with almond flour.