Creamy Chicken Enchiladas-Low Carb
- Ready In:
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces or 3 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, etc.) or 2 cups your favorite cheddar cheese, mix (Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, etc.)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 bit butter
- Sauté onion in small amount of butter.
- When transparent, add chicken pieces and can of green chilies.
- Mix well and add cream cheese.
- Cook over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- Put mixture in a 13 x 9 baking pan, top with 1 cup of grated cheese Pour the whipping cream over the top and then put the last cup of grated cheese over that.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or so, checking to make sure the cheese gets bubbly, not burnt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I shredded the chicken and added about 3/4 of the creamy mixture to it. Reserving last 1/4. Filled low carb tortillas with cheese and chicken mixture and rolled up. Placed in casserole dish and poured remaining 1/4 of creamy mixture over the top. Then cooked as above. YUMMY!! Great for keto - all the cream and cream cheese give you the fat to balance out the protein in the chicken!Reply
This is a delicious, low carb dish that I take to work all the time. It's excellent with lettuce and tomato on the side. I forgo the heavy cream to lower the calories; I don't miss it at all. I sometimes add a can of diced tomatoes because I love the flavor it adds. I always double this recipe.Reply
see 18 more