Recipe by WineLover77
One pot wonder that's easy to make and tastes great too! Filled with lots of veggies and lots of protein, eating this dish is guilt free. I know the ingredient list looks long, but most of this stuff is already in your pantry and spice rack
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I use smart balance)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Diced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Drained)
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lawry's seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant brown rice
- green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- on high.In a large skillet sautee the garlic in butter. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine. Add everything but the sour cream and cheese to the pot. While that is cooking Start your brown rice in a separate pot. Keep stirring your chicken and veggies. Turn down the heat to medium. Add one tablespoon of lite SC. turn down the heat and let simmer. It's about 20 min or so. Once the rice has cooked add it to the chicken and the vegetables. Add the remaining tablespoons of sour cream to the mixture.more or less depending on your taste. Stir in the cheese. Serve, top with the parsley and green onion and enjoy!
- The leftovers the next day are just as good if not better. It's also very good with shrimp. If you do make with shrimp, serve with a lemon wedge. Also, I wouldn't recommend FF Sour Cream. It's too runny and won't get the chicken as creamy.
- **Please Note**.
- I don't measure spices when I cook. I put all the seasonings in as tablespoons. It could be more or less depending on your taste.