Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from an old recipe that I've revised over the years until it was perfect. It is very simple and extremely pleasing. The pecans and Cinnamon Crisp graham crackers in the crust gives it the wow factor. Hope you enjoy it as much as our family does.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9" pie pan while oven is pre-heating.
- Mix together crushed Cinnamon Crisp graham crackers, chopped pecans and brown sugar.
- Add to melted butter in pie pan and mix well. Gently push up sides and on to bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, the eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and lemon peel. Mix with electric mixer until well blended and then mix another couple of minutes longer. This seems to fluff it up a bit.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and bake for about 30 minutes until it looks set and is firm to the touch. Do not overbake as it will crack on top.
- While the cheesecake is baking mix together sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended and sugar has disolved.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and pread sour cream mixture over cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least four hours.