Recipe by Hanka
Delicious and easy to make soup. Creamy doesn't mean always fat. I use milk in the recipe but you can use cream for a richer flavor.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Delicious and so easy, we loved this soup! I did run my hand blender through the soup but not for long as I wanted some texture. We topped it with graded sharp cheddar cheese and black pepper and it was a terrific lunch with whole wheat buns. Thanks for posting! Made for Aussie Swap :)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cauliflower, cut up into small pieces
- salt, pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt butter add chopped onion and leek; cook for few minutes until soft.
- Add flour; stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, milk and cauliflower.
- Bring to boil lower the heat and gently simmer for 30minutes.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- You can partly blend the soup with a hand held blender if you like a smoother texture.