Here's a recipe based on one from my mom's recipe clipping collection, then combined with Julia Child's wonderful buttery method of preparing garlic. Yum!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the garlic cloves from the heads.
- 2Take a saucepan and heat to boiling the water; add the cloves of garlic and simmer for about 1 minute- drain, peel the garlic (which should be softish and should peel easily) and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter and olive oil together in the saucepan; add back in the peeled garlic and sauté over low for 10 to 15 minutes, until they're a creamy yellow color and are very tender.
- 4Using a food processor, whir together the cooked garlic and remaining ingredients, scraping down the sides occasionally, until the desired textured is reached.
- 5Note: keeps tightly covered in the fridge for about a week; also, you can substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil for the tarragon, for a different flavor.
- 6Note#2: recipe can be stretched by adding some (perhaps 1/2 cup) of silken tofu, too.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Caramelized Garlic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1072 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 554.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves