1/1 Photo of Creamy Cabbage & Ham Soup
Denise in NH's Note:
This is so good to serve on these below 0 degree days we have been having. A real comfort food for me. I have also chopped up turnips and added along with the other veggies. Serve with a nice crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g cabbage, chopped coarsely
- 473.18 ml diced cooked ham
- 295.73 ml shredded carrots (I use the already shredded in a bag to save time)
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 3.69 ml celery salt (or adjust amount to your taste)
- 155.92 g can evaporated milk
- 78.07 ml flour
- 177.44 ml water
- 1In a large pot, combine the first 9 items and cook on high heat bringing mixture to a boil Reduce heat to medium/low (just a simmer) for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2Stir in the can of evaporated milk.
- 3mix flour and water until smooth and add slowly to soup mixture.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage & Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 476.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: