Hearty Crock Pot Lentil & Ham Soup
photo by A Taste of Brooklyn
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 cups brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked ham, - 1/2 inch dice
- 3 medium carrots, - 1/2 inch dice
- 2 stalks celery, - 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small onion, - 1/2 inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, - 1/2 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a crock pot, combine the lentils, ham, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Add in the bouillon cubes and water, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed. Remove the bay leaf; ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, and I have a passion for cooking. My culinary education is one hundred percent autodidact. All my recipes are easy and delicious. I have personally tested and retested each and every recipe! All my recipes are created and recreated using the basic methods of cooking. My passion for cooking has driven me to publish my first cookbook in 2015. For a copy of my book, please visit Frank Saulle at facebook.com. (A Taste of Brooklyn)</p>