1/1 Photo of Creamy Cabbage & Ham Soup
Denise in NH's Note:
This is so good to serve on these below 0 degree days we have been having. A real comfort food for me. I have also chopped up turnips and added along with the other veggies. Serve with a nice crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cabbage, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots (I use the already shredded in a bag to save time)
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt (or adjust amount to your taste)
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1In a large pot, combine the first 9 items and cook on high heat bringing mixture to a boil Reduce heat to medium/low (just a simmer) for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2Stir in the can of evaporated milk.
- 3mix flour and water until smooth and add slowly to soup mixture.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage & Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 476.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: