Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Paula Deen Recipe good for a fall day.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, halved, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 (13 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- sour cream
- In a medium saucepan combine squash, onions, carrots,broth, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, until squash is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor with the butter. Whisk cream into soup. Serve in wide, shallow bowls with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Lovely no frills soup with a great color.
Nice soup. I used homemade chicken broth and halved the recipe, since I only had 1 lb of squash. I kept the 2 carrots though. I didn't have a blender, just a mini food processor. Was a little messier but not bad. Next time I might add thyme or some other seasoning.
This is a nice, cream soup. Rich flavored. I subbed my own chicken broth for the canned. Thanks for posting.