1/1 Photo of Creamy Broccoli Tomato Cheese Soup
This is an easy soup to make. The tomatoes give it more of a "zing" than other broccoli soups. I usually don't puree it completely smooth, but some prefer it that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (or half and half)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or shredded American cheese)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- 1Place onion, broccoli, tomatoes (with juice), broth, pepper, and curry powder in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook until broccoli is very tender; about 12-15 minutes.
- 2Puree, using an immersion blender/blender/food processor, until desired consistency. (I usually do not completely puree it).
- 3Return to soup pot over med-low heat and stir in milk and cheese. Stir and cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 4Add salt if needed, to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Broccoli Tomato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 313.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: