Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cream of mushroom soup and cream of broccoli are my all time favorite comfort soups. There are many soups I love because I am a SOUP person, but this is my favorite. The cook time does not include cooking broccoli.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (light is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- Cook broccoli by package directions.
- In a large pot, melt margarine. With wire whip, mix in flour, onion, chicken bouillon, salt, dry mustard and pepper.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cooked broccoli and 3 cups of water.
- Cook over medium heat till slightly thickened.
- Serve hot.