Taylor's Mommy's Note:
Rich, hearty and absolutely scrumptious broccoli cheddar soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, and sauté onion until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 22. Add additional butter and flour, whisking for 3-5 minutes to create a roux.
- 33. Whisk while adding the half-and-half and chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 44. Stir in the broccoli florets and grated carrot. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer over low heat for 30-35 minutes.
- 55. Remove soup from heat and pulse with an immersion blender until smooth. Or, puree the soup in batches in a food processor until smooth, adding mixture back to the pot.
- 66. Return pot to low heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.1
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 747.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.4 g