Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A simple yet delicious dessert found in this months issue of Family Circle.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (I use smart balance)
- 12 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Filling and berries
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry (hulled and halved or quartered)
- 1⁄2 ounce white chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Crust: Melt butter in microwave oven on HIGH 20 seconds. In a medium-sized bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add butter; stir until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press up sides and into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly pack crumbs. Refrigerate crust while making filling.
- Filling: Pour water into a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer softened gelatin to microwave; heat 15 to 30 seconds on HIGH. Stir until smooth.
- With mixer running, pour gelatin into cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into chilled crust and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Berries: Melt jelly in microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Gently toss with berries in a large bowl. Remove plastic from pie; top pie with berries.
- Microwave chocolate and oil on HIGH 20 seconds. Drizzle over pie.
- Slice and serve.
Wonderful. We put more chocolate on it, but it was still great. We loved this pie!