Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is pretty darn good for a quick and simple recipe! I also added in some parmesan cheese and a couple tablespooons of Worcestershire sauce to the soup mixture, double the recipe if desired, and adjust all ingrediet amounts to taste.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin (sliced into thin strips)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream (or for a thicker sauce use whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice or hot cooked egg noodles
- Heat oil in a large skillet; brown the beef strips, then remove to a plate.
- Add in the onions and mushrooms until the mushrooms loose their moisture and the onions are tender, adding in the garlic the last couple of minutes of cooking, stirring often.
- Add in the soup, cream and Dijon mustard; bring to a simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the beef back to the skillet; season the sauce with salt and pepper, heat though, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice or hot cooked egg noodles.