Recipe by Lisa 12n
This is a rework of my dad's famous quick fix dinner, which we called 'Tuna Glop'.
Top Review by 4Susan
I wanted to try something different from my usual tuna sandwich and chose this recipe. It was very easy to make and I loved the mushrooms and peas. It tasted a lot like a white gravy, so next time I'll spice it up. Thanks very much.
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can tuna (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Stir in onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Mix in flour.
- Mix in wine, stir for a few seconds.
- Add milk, peas, mozzarella and tuna.
- Cook another 5 minutes or so until thickened.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over toast or pasta.
- (I prefer to serve this with homemade gnocchi).