1/1 Photo of Creamed Spinach with Sour Cream
My 'middle' son won't eat anything with 'green' in it. He will eat this though. Very simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook spinach in the water clinging to the leaves, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until it is wilted.
- 2Drain spinach in a colander, refresh under cold water, and squeeze dry by handfuls.
- 3Transfer spinach to the processor, add broth and puree mixture.
- 4In a large skillet, cook shallot in the butter over moderately-low heat, stirring, until translucent.
- 5Add spinach puree and sour cream.
- 6Combine mixture well.
- 7Stir in lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg and season to taste.
- 8Cook mixture, stirring, until just heated through.
- 9Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Spinach with Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g