Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is good even if you don't normally like creamed spinach.
Make and share this Creamed Spinach Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags fresh spinach or 4 bunches fresh spinach, stemmed,thoroughly rinsed to remove sand,spun dry,and torn into 1 inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup tub-style light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 -4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or 2 -4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover, and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Add cream cheese, oregano, salt or seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for an additional minute or until cream cheese melts, stirring to combine.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a 1 quart gratin dish or shallow casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of spinach, and sprinkle with toasted nuts, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.