Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is good even if you don't normally like creamed spinach.
Make and share this Creamed Spinach Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags fresh spinach or 4 bunches fresh spinach, stemmed,thoroughly rinsed to remove sand,spun dry,and torn into 1 inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup tub-style light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 -4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or 2 -4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover, and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Add cream cheese, oregano, salt or seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for an additional minute or until cream cheese melts, stirring to combine.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a 1 quart gratin dish or shallow casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of spinach, and sprinkle with toasted nuts, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.