Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I have been playing with recipes for about a year and finally came up with this. It's perfect for stuffing in mushrooms (bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes), serving as a side, or even baking in a dish with artichokes alongside crackers at a dinner party (bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes)!
- Heat the spinach and the water in a saucepan over high heat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat and saute onions.
- Take the spinach off of the heat and strain in a mesh colander pressing the spinach to drain all of the water. Set aside.
- Cook the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach, the garlic and continue sauteing for 1 minute.
- Add the half and half and brink to a low boil. Add the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate. Once the spinach has come to a low boil again add the monterry jack cheese and stir to incorporate. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on a low boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- If the mixture gets too thick you can add half and half a tablespoon at a time until the spinach is the consistency you like.
We used to eat spinach a lot with cheese sauce when DD was little but havent had it in a long time. This was a really nice side dish that I served with feniag's Fenia's Pork Tenderloin With Orange. I did use half and half and a parmesan blend shredded cheese. Instead of adding salt I used lemon pepper. Will be saving this one to make again!