Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another way to prepare potatoes. Good for a dairy meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped dill
- Boil the potatoes in the skin.
- Let cool and peel, cut in half.
- Melt butter (margarine) in a pan and briefly saute the potatoes.
- Pour over milk and cream and add salt.
- Cover and cook gently for appr 10 minutes (until it thickens).
- Add dill, gently mix.
- Serve with smoked fish.
Tasty but sauce did not thicken like I expected.
I love these potatoes! My grandmother made these when I was a little girl and I think of her every time I make them. I always use red potatoes and I leave out the dill. Yum!