Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh Buttermilk Biscuits are served with warm sliced hard-boiled eggs and topped with a Bechamel Sauce. .
- 8 jumbo eggs (Brown)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (Cold)
- 4 tablespoons pastry flour
- 2 cups heavy cream (Warm)
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 buttermilk biscuits (Warm)
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add vinegar and 2-teaspoons fine sea salt. Bring to a full boil and cook for 6-8 minutes. Remove eggs and hold warm.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and stir in pastry flour, cook 2-3 minutes stirring flour to prevent from burning.
- Slowly wisk in heavy cream, fresh grated nutmeg, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
- Cook sauce 3-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Season with fine sea salt and white pepper to taste.
- Cut biscuits in half and place on warm plates. Slice warm hard-boiled eggs, layer over biscuits and cover with Bechamel Sauce.
- Garnish with Fresh Sliced Tomatoes or Fresh Seasonal Fruit.