1/1 Photo of Creamed Eggs over Buttermilk Biscuits
Chef #848413's Note:
Fresh Buttermilk Biscuits are served with warm sliced hard-boiled eggs and topped with a Bechamel Sauce. .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add vinegar and fine sea salt. Bring water to a full boil and cook for 6-8 minutes. Remove eggs and hold warm.
- 2In a small saucepan melt butter and stir in pastry flour, cook 2-3 minutes stirring flour to prevent from burning.
- 3Slowly wisk in heavy cream, fresh grated nutmeg and cook until sauce has thickened. Season with fine sea salt and white pepper to taste.
- 4Cut biscuits in half and place on warm plates. Peel and slice warm hard-boiled eggs. Place 2 eggs and 2 buttermilk biscuits on a warm plate, cover with Bechamel Sauce.
- 5Garnish with Fresh Sliced Tomatoes or Fresh Seasonal Fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Eggs over Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1078.0
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.5 g
- Saturated Fat 43.1 g
- Cholesterol 654.6 mg
- Sodium 3222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 27.3 g