Recipe by Cookin-jo
There are many carrot soups posted but none exactly like this one. It's very easy and can be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth. I've also substituted instant potato when I'm in a rush. One of my favourites.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- water, equivalent to 4 10 ounce cans
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, potato and carrots and stir 5 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables are very soft.
- Use a stick blender or transfer carefully to a food processor and puree. Return to pan and add milk.
- Season with salt if necessary.