Recipe by TGirl,RN
This satisfies that comfort food craving for 30 of your favorite guests.
Top Review by Marmish
This is a good base recipe. I found it made a thin sauce. When I made it a second time I omitted the water added to the broth, and added tarragon and garlic. It is easy to do for a crowd, and freezes pretty well. I tripled the recipe and it was fine - although slightly disconcerting to use 18 cups of cream!
- 30 chicken breast halves, bone in
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 6 cups water, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, all purpose
- 6 cups half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in oil.
- In large pot, combine 5 cups water, chicken broth, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of water and flour, mixing until smooth, then add to chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Arrange chicken in 5 greased 13 x 9 pans, and pour 3 1/2 cups of sauce over each pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until done, then serve over rice.