I got this recipe a few years ago from the Home Cooking magazine, and the first time I tried it I was hooked. It reminded me of my childhood when we used to go to the Wisconsin State Fair and get fresh cream puffs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring water and margarine to boil; remove from heat.
- 3Add flour; then add egg.
- 4Mix well; put into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 6When done baking, middle will be puffed up.
- 7Flatten down with a spatula; leave edge puffed to cradle the filling.
- 8Combine pudding mix, milk and cream cheese with a mixer.
- 9Spread filling on the crust; top with whipped topping.
- 10Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Puff Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.2
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 601.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g