1/2 Photos of Cream of Wheat Pudding (From the Mennonite Treasury of Recipes)
* Pamela *'s Note:
This has been my Mom's specialty for as long as I can remember. This is another recipe that people not from Mennonite background look at and just shake their heads! (Pudding from CEREAL!!??!!)However, to me, it remains a childhood memory and a traditional Mennonite dish that reminds me of my heritage. My mom always served this with strawberry or raspberry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 2Add 2 tbsp sugar and continue beating until meringue stands in soft peaks and then set aside.
- 3Heat milk and salt to a full boil, slowly sprinkle in cream of wheat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 4Beat sugar and egg yolks and very slowly add to hot mixture.
- 5Continue cooking on low heat for 3 minutes longer.
- 6Lastly, fold hot mixture into meringue and add vanilla.
- 7Pour into serving dishes and cool.
- 8Serve with custard sauce or fruit sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Wheat Pudding (From the Mennonite Treasury of Recipes)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.6 mg
- Sodium 299.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 14.3 g