Recipe by Sarah in New York
I was out of Cream of Chicken soup in my pantry and I needed it for dinner. I altered a recipe I found here on Zaar and whipped this up. It may not be exact, but it works and I can't tell the difference at all. I use it instead of a 10 3/4 ounce can. I will use this any time my shelf is bare!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes (Or 3 tbs fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat combine butter, onion, garlic, milk, heavy cream, and chicken broth in medium sauce pan until combined.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and stir until it thickens. (About 3 minutes).
- Just add more flour if you want it thicker.
- Use in any recipe you need it for.