Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. She suggests sprinkling grated cheese on top of each serving.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I really enjoyed this soup. I cut the fat a little by only using 1/4 of butter. It was still thick and creamy. I did sprinkle cheese on top before serving. I'll make this again since I always have these ingredients on hand. Thanx!
- 2 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups low-fat milk
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook broccoli in water for five minutes, then cover and let sit on stove.
- Melt margarine in large pot. Saute onion in margarine over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add flour, stirring gradually until smooth, then cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and then bouillon cubes. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened.
- Add broccoli with its cooking water and white pepper.