1/2 Photos of Cream of Broccoli Soup
Barenaked Chef's Note:
I made this for my in-laws when they were visiting over the Christmas holidays. It is a very hearty soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook broccoli in stock with onions until soft.
- 2Place in blender and blend quickly.
- 3Leave small pieces of broccoli.
- 4Make a roux using butter and flour.
- 5Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Add broccoli and stock to roux.
- 7To avoid lumps, stir constantly until thickened.
- 8Thin to preferred consistency with cream.
- 9Add seasonings (and cheese) and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g