The marriage of these two vegetables is as exquisite as it sounds--a rich flavor and a velvety texture. The best part is that it only has a handful of ingredients, is easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes.
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop into small pieces.
- Set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Finely chop green onion, including tops.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook slowly for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add broth, then half and half.
- Heat very slowly, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in artichokes and seasonings.