Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
What can I say...Delicious!
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup margarine (cut into pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in 3 eggs.
- Add flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Stir in walnuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9" pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Drop by spoonfulls over chocolate batter; swirl two mixtures with back of spoon.
- Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or just until set.
- Cool to room temperature in pan.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
Jodi, I made these without any changes. They are wonderful, so moist and delicious. A great variation from regular brownies. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
I was looking for a cream cheese brownie recipe that was for a 9 x 13 pan but didn't require a mix and found this one. It comes out to a perfect sized 24 brownies, moist but dense. The best part is that its very chocolatey. It was also quite easy to make. I disagree that there was too much cream cheese -- it seemed fine and it is a cream cheese brownie recipe. I found the swirling at the end a bit difficult since the mixtures are very different consistencies and I thought it was going to be too much cream cheese on top, but after its cooked it is all fine -- so you don't need to "swirl" it to death, just enough to make it pretty.
Yumm! I really liked this recipe but my daughter LOVED it. It was a little too cream cheesy for me. I'll probably half the cream cheese next time. Over all it is a GREAT brownie! I oopsed and melted all of the chocolate at once rather than stirring in half of the chips, but it came out delicious anyway. Thank you ThatJodiGirl!!!!!