Recipe by Koffeefreak
Vegetarian stuffed mushrooms that melt in you mouth. They remind me of the mushrooms you get at a chinese buffet.
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside.
- Trim mushroom stems and add to food processor with onions and garlic.
- Chop ingredients in food processor until pureed.
- Add all cheeses, bread crumbs and egg to food processor and blend well.
- Stuff mushroom caps until full, do not overfill, and place in well greased baking dish.
- Bake mushrooms at 375, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as appetizer or side dish.