Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love Ihops stuffed french toast so much we decided to try to come up with one ourselves. This is really delicious.
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread (14 slices)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar (a little for dusting top of fried sandwiches)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed (for topping)
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen Cool Whip, thawed (for topping)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cream cheese filling ingredients in bowl using enough powdered sugar to make a spreading consistency, and set aside.
- Spread out the slices of the cinnamon bread and spread a little cream cheese filling on each and put two together to make a "sandwich".
- In another bowl mix the 3 eggs, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla well with a whisk and dip the sandwiches in this mixture and then fry them in a little melted butter until browned on each side.
- We use the large electric griddle for this.
- Top the fried sandwiches with a little powdered sugar dusting and then strawberry sauce and whip cream and serve.
I made this for my boyfriend for his bday and they were delicious, he is not a fan of french toast and loved it!! They tasted great, thank you for a delicious recipe.
I had this when me and my husband went away at a bed and breakfast. . It was so good that I wanted to try to make it. And this recipe taste just like it, HEAVENLY! U should definitely try it...