Recipe by God's_sugarcookie
A nice, pumpkiny dough surrounding a spiraled sweet cream cheese filling. Can be made ahead and frozen for those times when you want to get ahead. From my Great Aunt Triplett. Delicious!
Top Review by cellogirl2
This didn't make 20 slices, but it was still amazing. I almost couldn't resist eating the cream cheese filling. It also seemed very easy to make, so I will be making it again. Next time I will make sure to roll it tighter, but I don't think it affected the taste at all. Thank you so much for this easy yet impressive dessert!
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml pumpkin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml self-rising flour
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- 29.58 ml melted margarine
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 3.69 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar (powdered)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 10 by 15" cookie sheet. Line with wax paper and grease again.
- Mix in order: eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and cinnamon. Sift in the flour. Spread into pan and sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired. They add a nice little crunch.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a flat tea towel that has been dusted with powdered sugar. Roll from short end (10 inch side) up into a log, waxpaper, towel, and all.
- Place in fridge and cool completely. Make the filling just before you take the cool log from the fridge. FILLING.
- Beat together the melted margarine, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Unroll the log and remove wax paper. Spread the creamy filling onto cake and roll just the cake back up, ignoring towel. Place in aluminum foil and refrigerate.* When ready, slice and serve.
- *OR freeze for later use. :).