Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are super moist spiced pumpkin muffin and top it with swirls of sweet cream cheese that melt into the top as it bakes. you can also swap the pumpkin puree for mashed sweet potatoes for a different spin.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier. (You can see exactly how I did this in the video at the top of the page.).
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I liked these best at room temperature or even slightly chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well I tried them but my mistake, I filled the muffin tins to high The cream cheese mixture never melted into the muffin even though I did mix it with a toothpick. Not pretty but tasted good. I'm giving this a 4 star rating for taste, can't comment honestly on appearance because I goofed!1Replies 1