Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was hand-written laying loose in my mother's old cookbook. It is from my paternal grandmother, Annie who spent her whole life on a farm just outside of Harrison, Arkansas.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter, sofened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven.
- 350 degrees Grease and flour a ten-inch tube pan Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together, butter, cream cheese, and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture one at a time.
- Mix well after adding each egg.
- Add vanilla and mix to blend.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until dry ingredients are blended.
- Don't over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan evenly.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 1/2 hour in pan and then turn out.
This recipe is great.. (I have made it probably 6 times now) the only difference is that I add vanilla pudding (dry) as I do to all my cakes so that it comes out a bit more moist..