Recipe by Molly Shute
The perfect poundcake with just the right moisture and sweetness you want!! I got this recipe online from Diana Rattray and just LOVED it!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the shortening and butter with a mixer.
- Add in sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Follow it with cream cheese.
- Add flour by cups, alternating with the eggs, starting and finishing with the flour (One cup flour, three eggs, another cup of flour, three eggs, then the last cup of flour).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a tube pan (10 inch is usually best).
- Bake at 325° for 75 minutes, checking up on it at the hour mark.
- Keep an eye on it and use a knife to see if it comes out clean when put into the cake.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then put it on a rack.